Antarctica is a land of extremes: it is the coldest and driest continent on Earth and has the highest average elevation. As the fifth largest continent in the world, Antartica is also the most Southern, overlying the "South Pole". Scarcely touched by humans, the frozen land boasts breathtaking scenery, broken by only a handful of scientific bases and a "permanent" population of scientists numbering only a few thousand. Visitors to Antarctica generally must brave rough sea crossings aboard ice-strengthened vessels, but those who do are rewarded with amazing scenery and tremendous and unique wildlife.
View more random threads:
- Don't Forget to Breath While Watching This...
- Girls in paris - mix club paris
- Live crab shopping in WalMart China
- Goodbye Facebook, Hello Life
- Travel Brazil: A Real Taste of Rio
- Nothing is impossible..!
- Plane and Helicopter Crashes Collection
- Michael Jackson Memorial Service Usher
- Boeing 787 Jumbo Jet Takes Off Almost...
- 23 Brushes with Death YouTube video...