The Nikon D60 is a dSRL for the novice photographer. It is lightweight with elegantly simple controls yet it includes many advanced technologies from Nikon’s professional models.The D60 echoes the design of the D40x, and adds some new features such as an Image Sensor Cleaning system, a motion sensor that tells the display which way to orient itself when the camera is turned, a "Stop Motion" video option and an onboard HELP Menu System. Nikon delivers the cutting-edge technology you expect from a digital SLR – fast response, creative versatility, superb image quality – while making the camera easier to use than professional dSLRs. They do this primarily by reducing the size of the camera and moving camera controls from a myriad of buttons on the body to an LCD menu system.
A 10.2 megapixel CCD imaging sensor has been combined with Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED process that automatically optimizes your pictures, enhancing fine detail and providing smooth tonal reproduction. Active D-Lighting automatically compensates highlighted or shadowy areas creating images with natural contrast– even in difficult lighting. Nikon's three-point AF system offers fast, efficient and precise autofocus while 3D Color Matrix Metering II works to provide ideal exposures in almost any lighting situation.
Nikon’s exclusive Airflow Control System protects against dust on your sensor that will ruin a good shot. This system moves air within the mirror box towards small ducts near the base, preventing internal dust from settling in front of the image sensor. The D60 also has an Imaging Sensor Cleaning function - every time you turn the camera on or off, the D60 uses vibrations to loosen dust from the optical low-pass filter in front of the sensor.
A 2.5-in. color LCD monitor lets you check essential camera information quickly and easily. Choose whatever display format fits your taste best: each of the Graphic and Classic formats have three color variations to suit your personal preferences, while the Wallpaper option lets you use one of your own pictures for the menu background. An Eye Sensor activates every time you look through the viewfinder, turning off the information display on the LCD - and saving power.
With fast startup and split-second shutter response, the D60 reduces the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras may miss.The D60 boasts a fast 0.19-second startup, short shooting time lag and fast, accurate autofocus. The camera’s high-speed continuous shooting also helps capture fast-moving action at up to 3 pictures per second for as many as 100 (JPEG) pictures.
Camera shake can blur your images, thankfully the D60 supports lenses with shake reduction features. With Nikon’s VR (Vibration Reduction) lenses you can be confident that your pictures will be sharper than ever before. Every VR NIKKOR lens has its own specialized Vibration Reduction system built right inside. Unlike similar systems that are built into the camera body, each of NIKKOR’s lens integrated systems uses specialized technologies that are optimized to match the optical design for that specific lens.
The D60 18-55 VR Kit we reviewed is packaged with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Zoom-Nikkor lens that assures superb picture sharpness and optimum contrast, along with the versatility to capture everything from candid portraits to wide-angle landscapes. The extensive selection of AF-S and AF-I NIKKOR lenses are engineered to make the most out of the D60’s exceptional performance.
Nikon D60 Features:
* 10.2 megapixel imager
* Compact, ergonomically designed body
* Nikon Integrated Dust Reduction System
* Active D-Lighting optimization
* Three-point AF system
* Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II
* Quick 0.19-second power-up
* Fast continuous shooting mode enables up to 100 JPEG images at 3 frames per second
* Retouch Menus, including Quick Retouch, Stop-motion Movie and NEF (RAW) Processing
* 2.5-in. LCD monitor with viewing angle of approx. 170 degrees in all directions
* Information display in three formats: Classic, Graphic and Wallpaper
* Eye Sensor turns off the LCD monitor automatically when you look through the viewfinder
* Rechargeable lithium-ion battery - up to 500 images on a single charge
* Eight Digital Vari-Programs for scene-specific pictures
* Built-in flash with Nikon’s i-TTL flash control
* Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System
* Nikon ViewNX PC software included
* Accepts Nikon F mount with AF coupling and AF contacts Type G or D AF
* Optional remote control
The D60 Camera Kit is available for an estimated price of $749.95 US
In the box:
* 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens
* Front & Rear Lens Caps
* EN-EL9 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
* MH-23 Quick Charger
* UC-E4 USB Cable
* DK-6 Rubber Eyecup
* AN-DC1 Camera Strap
* BF-1A Body Cap
* DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
* BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap
* Software CD-ROM
* User Guide
* 1-Year Nikon U.S.A. Limited Warranty
View more random threads:
- CyberPower New Power Video Series - Desktop...
- In 2020 We Can Wear Sony Computers On Our...
- FCC Carries ZTE A139
- Panasonic Has 5 New HDTVs
- Just Launched - New Sony Walkman Players
- Nikon D40 not vaporware
- HTC Touch HD Is Now Official
- Video of Lenovo Netbook
- GPS Games arriving on Sony PSP
- TouchFLO 3D For All Windows Mobile Phones