Shokunin is the Japanese word for craftsman or craftswoman. These are the men and women who preserve Japanís traditional legacy of hand-crafting products including swords, drums, fans, pottery and more. Many shokunin use crafting methods that have been passed down for hundreds of years, sometimes within a single family. But because most things can be mass-produced these days, shokunin, and their skills, are disappearing. Working cooperatively together with the website Craftsman Times, we want to help protect Japanís historical arts by spreading awareness and broadening their market within Japan and overseas.
View more random threads:
- THE WORLDS BIGGEST PLANES
- Baby With Gorilla in Cage
- FedEx Plane Crash Landing in Tokyo Narita...
- NEVER use mobile phones in the petrol bunk...
- HUGE Homemade 360 Swing
- Born Again - Motivational Video
- The World's Fastest Jet Powered Truck
- Proude to be an Indian
- National Geographic Best Pictures
- Small gestures can change the world...