Thread: Angelina Jolie kids

Angelina Jolie kids

party of five

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt – with children Maddox, 5, Shiloh, 7 months, and Zahara, who turns 2 on Jan. 8 – gather in Cambodia together in November. "Having three children and watching them influence each other is so beautiful to me," Jolie tells PEOPLE. "I'm just so blessed that's my family. As a mom, I just want more kids – I'm having a great time."

The camera already loves Baby Shiloh – as do her siblings. "Maddox and Z will fight over toys, but they're friends and they love each other, and they love Shi (pronounced 'shy')," says Jolie. "Somebody said to us recently that they were happy kids and we talked about how much that meant to us to hear. And they're good kids.

"It was incredibly moving to visit my son's country," Pitt says about traveling with Maddox to his native homeland. Of her children's personalities, Jolie says: "Mad is lovely and very smart and funny, but he's got a certain sense of calm. He's a thinker. Zahara is possibly the funniest person I've ever met in my life – so dramatic and creative and loud and charming."

Pitt embraces the kids at the Maddox Chivan Children's Center, which cares for kids affected by tuberculosis and AIDS. "They are really serving as role models," Anne Goldfeld, co-creator of the Cambodian Health Committee (which runs the center), tells PEOPLE about the couple. "They arrived and just couldn't hold enough kids. They were very natural, very real, very respectful and very interested.

Jolie shows her son a sign in Cambodia warning of land mines. "Mad is just starting to learn a little Khmer (Cambodia's native tongue)," she explains. "This is the first time Maddox has really understood that this is his country. He recognizes himself in the people, which is a wonderful thing to see."

Jolie (sharing a light moment with a local child) established the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Project, which pushes for conservation and economic development in Cambodia and is named after her son. "Maddox feels that his family is very excited about his country, so through us he has a natural pride," the actress says. One of Jolie and Pitt's plans for 2007: to create an Ethiopia-based charity for Zahara.

Though marriage isn't on the agenda, the actress (with Pitt and Maddox) wants to "slow down and enjoy this time because it's such a special time with my family, and I don't want to be too busy exploring the world and working." And adopting more kids is a possibility. "We're always open to adoption. That's kind of how we decided to live the next few years of our lives, just be open."

angeee and pitt

Thread Information