Tensions between India and Pakistan were running high on Sunday morning as Delhi denied Islamabad's accusation that Indian planes had "inadvertently" violated Pakistani airspace yesterday.
The new dispute between the nuclear-armed neighbours came as Gordon Brown held talks with Manmohan Singh, the Indian Prime Minsiter, in Delhi before flying to Islamabad to meet Asif Ali Zardari, Pakistan's President, later this morning.
Mr Brown's trip is party of an international diplomatic effort, led by the United States, to prevent last month's attack on Mumbai, which India blames on Pakistani militants, from sparking a fourth war between India and Pakistan.
Pakistan's air force said on Saturday that Indian jets flew over the Pakistani-administered part of Kashmir and the eastern city of Lahore.
View more random threads:
- This is Microsoft's vision of a holographic...
- the power is you
- Whoever wins the election workers will lose...
- Palestine Muslims Praying in Masjid e Aqsa
- A man threw both his shoes at Pakistan...
- The world’s higest mountains
- Rain flooding related information
- NSA Security running amok to plug leaks...
- Dubai- Metro Driverless Train launch
- Happy New Year 2012