The humble banana is probably the most widely eaten fruit in the city. But did you know that the banana that reaches you may have been treated with highly toxic chemicals like calcium carbide and ethrel, banned by the government. At the Byculla wholesale market, which supplies bananas to fruit vendors all over the city, Mumbai Mirror discovered workers using the chemicals with abandon to hasten the ripening process.
View more random threads:
- Brown University House Move Providence, RI
- Light Speed - From Minecraft to Reality
- Justin Trudeau VS Rona Ambrose
- Rules of Life
- Equitana 2011 ! Beautiful Shetland - Ponys !...
- BAIKAL ICE live sound
- Emperor penguins - The Greatest Wildlife...
- Goose the Flying Dog
- National Geographic: China's Ghost Army...
- Cute punjabi children fight while playing