A smuggler tried to carry nearly 48,000 cans of beers disguised as Pepsi cans into Saudi Arabia over the Al Batha border crossing with the UAE, reported MBC.net.
The attempt was caught and the person apprehended after customs officers detected the latest scam into the exporting beers in into Saudi Arabia, where alcohol is banned.
“A truck carrying what first seemed to be normal cans of the soft drink Pepsi was stopped and after the standard process of searching the products, it became clear that the alcoholic beers were covered with Pepsi’s sticker logos,” said Al Batha border General Manager Abdulrahman Al-Mahna.
Al-Mahna also added that the latest attempt is one of many new innovative ways smugglers are thinking of but that his men “are always ready and alert to catch” the extraordinary efforts into hiding contrabands into Saudi Arabia.
The story quickly went viral online, being covered in many local newspapers and online news websites. — Al Arabiya
View more random threads:
- Elite women: elite or just women?
- LATEST NEWS!!!!!! i think;) Part 03
- India’s jet-set tycoons crash to earth......
- How awful! - Father ate his daughter in NK
- Peshawar Blast, May 28 (ARY)
- Pakistan says Saudi asked for warplanes,...
- North Korea conducts nuclear test - 25 May 09
- Alaska volcano erupts twice, sends ash 12...
- Chomsky: Paris attacks show hypocrisy of...
- Genocide of Tamils in Sri Lanka