This time, we'll cycle through the mountains of Gunma and Tochigi Prefecture, meeting people living the traditional way, close to nature. We'll visit 2 World Heritage Sites. The first is Tomioka Silk Mill, a landmark in the modernization of Japanese industry. Close by this monument to industrial history, we'll see silk making by hand, the traditional way. We'll visit Nikko Toshogu Shrine, nestling deep in a mountain forest. Lovingly restored and repaired throughout the ages, the art of these incredible buildings shines as brightly as it did 400 years ago. We'll meet the people who work in these forests, people still in touch with the old ways of nature. A 260-kilometer cycle ride through Japan's autumn mountains.
View more random threads:
- New Smarty Rings
- World's First Photo-Taking GPS Bike
- The 50 Weirdest Things In All 50 States
- Minissha Lamba - Photo Shoot
- Award-winning Photographer at work
- Social Media Addiction: Are You At Risk?
- The Galapagos Islands
- Hampi: Foreigners take bath in Virupaksha...
- CIDADE DE VITÓRIA | Espírito Santo - BRASIL
- Trapped in River