What is obesity?
Obesity is defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health. A crude population measure of obesity is the body mass index (BMI), a personís weight (in kilograms) divided by the square of his or her height (in meters).
A person with a BMI of 30 or more is generally considered obese. A person with a BMI equal to or more than 25 is considered overweight.
Overweight and obesity are major risk factors for a number of chronic diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Once considered a problem only in high income countries, overweight and obesity are now dramatically on the rise in low- and middle-income countries, particularly in urban settings.
we have arranged this movie for you on nidokidos website
View more random threads:
- Paying People to Smile On My Brzday - Liv...
- worst olympic team ever
- Juan Diego Florez - Amapola - Latino...
- World Cup Ball 2010: What's Wrong With It?
- LG-GD910 3G Watch Phone
- Salman Taseer Died in Firing Attack
- Health Benefits of Walking
- A Project Against Global Warming in Brazil
- Black and white twins wonder parents from...
- Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2009 winners on...