Bridges are normally considered to be the engineer’s area of expertise rather than the architect’s. But the architecture of infrastructure has a powerful impact on environment. The Millau Viaduct, designed in collaboration with engineers, illustrates how the architect can play an integral role in bridge design. This bridge is located in Southern France; the bridge connects the motorway from Paris to Barcelona crossing the River Tarn, which runs through a wide gap between two plateaus. A reading of the geography suggested two possible approaches: to cross the river, the geological generator of the landscape; or there was the challenge of distance of the 2.5 kilometers from one plateau to the other.
View more random threads:
- ABC News about Iphone Paintings
- Pool at the Qutub Shahi Tombs in Hyderabad -...
- Crash Test 2003 - 2007 Toyota Corolla /...
- My BBQ
- What warms your soul?
- Police vs Alligator
- The Walking Dead Bicycle Girl Time Lapse
- ***** Funny Failures Video *****
- Chinese Olympic Passion: Impossible is...
- Facon dagger gaucho knife