Nepal Planning to Airlift Fuel Following India's Unofficial Blockage
Nepal is planning to airlift fuel from other countries following a halt in supply of petroleum products by southern neighbor India some two weeks ago.
The state-owned Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) is doing necessary work to ensure smooth fuel supply through airlifting after the Nepal government directed the firm to seek alternatives.
Nepal has been hit hard by the shortage of petroleum products and essential goods after India halted all the supplies through the unofficial blockade a fortnight ago. However, India has been denying such blockade.
The NOC held an emergency meeting Wednesday to plan airlifting fuel from Bangladesh in the short term and from China in the long run. However, no formal decision has been made yet.
The Himalayan nation relies heavily on India for its fuel.
View more random threads:
- Top British school Eton closed for A/H1N1 flu
- SKMCH Iftaar Fundraiser in Karachi (July 5,...
- President Lee Myung-bak will embark on a...
- Arab Plutocracy Descends On London......
- Children of War - Tasha Manoranjan in the...
- Obama: Nobel Prize but no Peace
- LN:-21st MAY:-Olympic torch resembles a...
- Alstom Enters Ocean Energy Market
- The Hindus Of Pakistan
- Zidane's Head Butt