China's first typhoon detecting rocket was launched 11p.m. in Hainan Wanning on Oct. 3. Several radiosondes were dropped into the center of Typhoon Mujigae only 6 minutes after the launch. The data retrieved from this launch was very accurate, with high scientific research value. This experiment is a breakthrough in China’s rocket science, with rocket launching, radiosonde dropping and remote data retrieval achieved at the same time.
The launch is collaboration between Shanghai Typhoon Institute of China Meteorological Administration and China Aerospace Science & Industry Corp. It took three years and the support from Hainan Meteorological Service to complete this launch. Scientists said there’s great potential in applying rocket science into typhoon detection and forecast.
View more random threads:
- Love of Food
- WWF.... Think 4 a While...
- Mawra Hocane - at Halki si khalish
- Funny Animals
- Unbelievable Photos Of Air Traffic Around...
- You can't wear a headscarf during a game
- Only one Product with out bugs from MicroSoft
- Gold Medal
- Nidokidos Has launched its Milk Powder for...
- Kuch Khaas Farmer's Market!