Nokia 6260 Slider with GPS and Navigation Support
Nokia 6260 slider with GPS and Navigation Support: The handset is Nokia's first S40 phone to carry true GPS and supports navigation both through its own mapping receiver alone as well as through a data assist to speed lock-in times. It also brings features uncharacteristic for the category with HSUPA-capable 3G and a five-megapixel camera with flash, both of which Nokia touts as helpful for mobile photo uploads to Ovi or other portals.
Given its fast Internet access, the 6260 slide accordingly has a 360-degree navigation pad to simplify web browsing, gets access to search engines from the top-level menu, and has access to a dedicated YouTube client. A front camera supports video calling on appropriate networks.
Nokia plans to ship the handset in black and gold colors at the very start of 2009 and estimates shipping it for 299 Euros ($385) before carrier discounts. Specifications have yet to be published and thus it's unclear whether the phone would support North American GSM or HSPA bands.
View more random threads:
- Asus P522w Smartphone
- Nokia E71 and Nokia E66 multimedia computers
- LG KC910 Succeeds LG KU990
- O2 will offer XDA Orbit II and XDA Stellar
- Who will own the cloud is irrelevant
- Age-verification Cameras Fooled
- Awareness- New FRAUD strategies
- Samsung SGH B300 in Blue Announced for...
- Upcoming Motorola C Series Handset
- Sony Ericsson P905 Concept