A child's brain is a magnificent engine for learning. A child learns to crawl, then walk, run and explore. A child learns to reason, to pay attention, to remember, but nowhere is learning more dramatic than in the way a child learns language. As children, we acquire language -- the hallmark of being human.
In nearly all adults, the language center of the brain resides in the left hemisphere, but in children the brain is less specialized. Scientists have demonstrated that until babies become about a year old, they respond to language with their entire brains, but then, gradually, language shifts to the left hemisphere, driven by the acquisition of language itself.
View more random threads:
- Raveena Supporting Mumbai Indians
- Cultural Identity of Bulgaria: Rila Monastery
- Once in a million shot (3)
- funny comments on Indian politicians and...
- *** crazy intersection ***
- US accused of plotting to occupy Yemen
- Why We Love Animals
- The Perfect Kids Halloween Costume
- I almost know Imran Khan and Bill Gates