Nanjing, capital of China’s eastern Jiangsu province, is roughly 300 km up the Yangtze River from Shanghai. Since last year, drones have increasingly been hot items for photographers as well as tech geeks across the world, and a Chinese company accounts for the majority of its global market share.
Despite causing a series of legal as well as privacy concerns, police in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province have decided to go ahead with its plan to use drones for the public’s safety. On Tuesday the city launched its first ‘drone squad’, a team of six police officers who specialize in managing the use of drones.
Nanjing Public Security Bureau said that the drones will be used for monitoring massive public events, scouting, and assisting in emergency rescues.
View more random threads:
- Modi’s eerie silence on key issues !!!!
- [[M]] Early rocks to reveal their ages
- Harper proving weak on governance, even...
- Top 5 Tyrants to Follow in the Footsteps of...
- [[M]]Tamil doubts over rebel leader's death
- Gilani’s son charged with murder !!!!!
- Stop the nuclear program of Israel
- Ex-President Abdul Kalam died yesterday
- Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has died..
- Drone will fly in Libya for monitoring