Extreme heat in southern Pakistan has killed more than 1,000 people and the death toll is growing. On Saturday, as the temperature reached 45 degrees Celsius in Karachi, many Pakistanis blamed the government and utility companies for what they've called a woefully inadequate response.
"More than 1,000 people have died in this city due to heat, scarcity of water, power outages," said Abdullah Hussain Haroon, a social activist and former ambassador to the United Nations. "It is astonishing. Everyone from the federal government to Karachi Electric, they all are shameless."
View more random threads:
- Bismillah Highway Restaurant fined by DCO...
- Saneha-e-peshawar [r.i.r]
- General Sharif and Mr Sharif !!!!
- Putin signs historic $20bn oil deal with...
- Dr Manmohan singh is in action
- PAKISTAN SUICIDE BOMBER KILLS 14, INJURES 18...
- Us’ and ‘Them’
- Close Guantanamo
- Underwear donated for flower show
- Inequality And Imperialism !!!!