I just finished the left side main landing gear for the 1:60 model 777 I'm building from manila folders. Since I don't have the wings complete yet, I had to build a test jig to ensure that the gear works properly. This is a video of the gear swing.
Each side has over 1,000 pieces of paper, and is fully articulated as it would be on the actual aircraft. The gear retracts and extends, the gear truck tilts up and down, the strut "absorbs" the weight of the plane, and the rear axle turns from side to side. I've tested the gear with 5lbs of weight without a problem.
View more random threads:
- Art of Sand : Sculptor Susanne Ruseler
- If You're Scared of Snakes, Don't Watch This
- Halloween Prank
- Papercut - Linkin Park
- 5 Weird Ways To Cure A Headache
- The Mountain
- Proud To be India...........National Anthem...
- People Are Awesome
- Kidnap: Thriller Action Swquence - First...
- Jeb got outsmarted by someone who hasn't...