While on a modelling assignment in India in 2009, Fernandez got an offer to join Hindi film industry, thus making her acting debut in Sujoy Ghosh's fantasy drama Aladin. For the film, she won an IIFA Award for Best Female-Debut. Fernandez gained recognition with her appearance in Mohit Suri's erotic-thriller Murder 2 (2011), which emerged as her first commercial success and followed it with glamorous roles in the ensemble-comedy Housefull 2 (2012) and the action-thriller Race 2 (2013) both of which were major box-office successes. In 2014, Fernandez portrayed the leading lady in Sajid Nadiadwala's Kick, which emerged as one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all-time.
Fernandez's off-screen life includes social activism and participation in stage shows. She is also a celebrity endorser for several brands.
View more random threads:
- Geeta Basra walks ramp in transparent saree
- Kareena Kapoor (18)
- Happy Birthday, Rani Mukherji!
- Neha Dhupia (03)
- Shahrukh Khan unveils Tag Heuer's Carrera...
- Straight - Hott Film Review
- Jannat team at Mid Day-Bollywood Lunch...
- Look: Rani Mukerji's a sardar
- Ranbir Kapoor walks the ramp for Arjun Khanna
- Aishwarya looking great in Black