Hawa Mahal is a grandstand in Jaipur, India. It has five storeys and is constructed of red and pink sandstone, highlighted with white quakeee quick lime. The side facing the street outside the palace complex has 953 small windows, and the breeze (hawa) which circulates
through these windows gives the palace its name, and keeps it cool even in hot months. It was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, and designed by Lal Chand Usta in the form of the crown of Krishna, the Hindu God. Its fašade makes Hawa Mahal look more like a screen than a
palace. Ladies of the fort used to look at the festivities on the street.
View more random threads:
- Making Mitsubishi Cars @ Tonsley Park
- The most amazing thing ever.
- This is too cute
- 2014 Corvette Stingray - Chevrolet
- THAILAND 2013 - summer vacation
- PRABHAKARAN DEAD - video taken from TIMES NOW
- Ambri (Mother) by Anwar Masood
- Best sleeping positions to avoid lower back...
- Hip-hop street dance competition, Bulgaria....
- Buddhist Dance Ensemble Hyderabad, India