Padukone, the daughter of the badminton player Prakash Padukone, was born in Copenhagen and raised in Bangalore. As a teenager she played badminton in national level championships, but left her career in sport to become a fashion model. She soon received offers for film roles, and made her acting debut in 2006 as the titular character of the Kannada film Aishwarya. Padukone then played dual roles in her first Bollywood release—the 2007 blockbuster Om Shanti Om—and won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Padukone received praise for portraying the lead female roles in the romance Love Aaj Kal (2009) and the drama Lafangey Parindey (2010), but her performances in the romantic comedy Bachna Ae Haseeno (200 and the comedy Housefull (2010) met with negative reviews.
View more random threads:
- Cute Vidya Balan at Karadi Tales Book Launch!
- Shahid changes Jiah’s look
- South Actress Sneha In different Moods
- Race 2 - Behind the scenes
- Juhi Chawla Suneil Shetty Reliance Mobile...
- Blue - Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Lara...
- Golmaal Returns 10 times fun
- Manisha Kelkar Wallpapers
- Diya Mirza (New Pictures)
- Mandira Bedi - Maxim Scans