India is the largest country in the Indian Subcontinent and shares borders with Pakistan to the west, China and Nepal to the north, Bhutan to the north-east, and Bangladesh and Myanmar to the east. Sri Lanka lies to the south, Maldives to the south-west and Indonesia to the south-east of India in the Indian Ocean.
India is the seventh largest country in the world by area and, with over a billion people, is second only to China in population, although its much higher birth rate makes it likely to reach pole position in less than ten years.
It is an extremely diverse country, with vast differences in geography, climate, culture, language and ethnicity across its expanse, and prides itself on being the largest democracy on Earth.
View more random threads:
- Maa - A Tribute to All the Mothers
- Mini Switzerland of India
- Puppy Portrait
- Khushi - Happiness
- Crafts for Kids : Cutting a Daisy Flower
- Desi Wedding Highlight
- Here is the video which Geo News aired
- Topsy turvy: Mumbai hooked onto 'B-boying'...
- Palestinian women scuffle with Israeli...
- Payal Rohatgi glamour shoot video