The first stop on our tour with the Bark Europa, Barrientos Island, could be considered the tropics of Antarctica. There's less snow and ice then what you might expect but it's impressive nonetheless. We encountered Gentoo Penguins, Chinstrap Penguins,Skuas, Fur Seals and Elephant Seals.
Barrientos Island is an ice-free island in the Aitcho group on the west side of English Strait in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Extending 1.71 by 0.54 km, surface area 65 hectares. The area was visited by early 19th century sealers.
View more random threads:
- ANGELINA JOLIE: PAKISTAN FLOOD VICTIMS NEED...
- Terrifying Cursed Objects
- Word of caution with 9V Batteries...
- India Driving
- The Only Gulab Jamun Recipe You'll Ever Need
- The Man Who Swims With Crocodiles
- Pelicans and Flying Rays (Narrated by David...
- Bears take a swim in Lake Tahoe
- Hamain Tum Sey Piyaar Kitna By Falak
- Aamir Aur Salman Ka Dum Part 5 of 6