The Panama Canal is a 77.1-kilometre (48 mi) ship canal in Panama that connects the Atlantic Ocean (via the Caribbean Sea) to the Pacific Ocean. The canal cuts across the Isthmus of Panama and is a key conduit for international maritime trade. There are locks at each end to lift ships up to Gatun Lake, an artificial lake created to reduce the amount of excavation work required for the canal, 26 metres (85 ft) above sea level. The current locks are 33.5 metres (110 ft) wide. A third, wider lane of locks is currently under construction and is due to open in 2016.
View more random threads:
- Maramures, Romania
- Faster, faster, FASTER!
- Summer in Amsterdam, Holland the Netherlands
- Wild Boars
- Motivational Speech for HOUSE WIFE (HINDI)...
- How Israeli Police arrest Palestinians
- Chaiyya Chaiyya / Don't Stop MASHUP!!
- yes ..... its you who will bring...
- Just For Laughs - Live Wires
- How to See Without Glasses