A camera captured the moment a sperm whale carcass, which washed up in the Faroe Islands, exploded. The clip, which was shown of Faroese Television, has since gone viral, racking up millions of hits on YouTube alone. The dead whale had been lying on the beach for two days, after getting stuck in the waters between two islands, when marine biologist Bjarni Mikkelsen was sent to cut it open. As he made incisions in the whale's side the carcass exploded due to a build up of methane gas from the decomposition creating a loud sound and releasing a pungent smell. It is reported that a local museum will collect the skelton and put it on display.
View more random threads:
- Aamir visits Mountain Man's village, meets...
- 600 pound mom 1
- Ronaldo and Bipasha Basu
- Americans Try To Pronounce Indian Names
- Dead baby is alive after 10 hours
- 10 Reasons To Love Science
- aishwarya interview and cannes
- Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
- Indian Club Swinging Kids - Old Time...
- Reality of War between Israel and Palestine