This is a compilation of the best "Real People" spots done by the creative team at Bernstein-Rein in the late 1990s and early 2000s. These are real Wal-Mart shoppers and real Wal-Mart associates we found by laboriously casting in stores all over the country, coast to coast, including Alaska. There were no scripts, all the words are their own. At the end of the spots, there are some fun music-video like compilations of outtakes we made for our own amusement and occasional use on the Wal-Mart website. Everything you see was spontaneous and real, including a song written overnight by two of our talents. Members of the creative team were creative directors Kirk Kirkpatrick and Janel Lamonica, and numerous writers, art directors and producers too many to name. A variety of talented directors were used, primarily Norry Niven (director of the movie "From Above") and Russ Hadley among others. These, in my opinion, are the best of the real people genre. Many people attempt it, but no one did it better than my crew at Bernstein-Rein. Fasten your seatbelt and take a enjoyable journey back in time to the days when everything was real and unscripted. The spots were primarily edited by very talented editors at Substation-K and Take Two in Kansas City, MO. Much of the music was scored by talented Kansas City composer Walter Bryant. Various sound studios were used but primarily Wheeler Audio in Kansas City. Heartfelt thanks to everyone involved, I hope a few of our talents from over the years find their way here.

Name:  2 (7).jpg
Views: 647
Size:  62.4 KB