On May 28, 2008, Adam LeWinter and Director Jeff Orlowski filmed a historic breakup at the Ilulissat Glacier in Western Greenland. The calving event lasted for 75 minutes and the glacier retreated a full mile across a calving face three miles wide. The height of the ice is about 3,000 feet, 300-400 feet above water and the rest below water.
Chasing Ice won the award for Excellence in Cinematography at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and the Best Documentary from the International Press Association. It has won over 30 awards at festivals worldwide. Still playing in theaters worldwide.
View more random threads:
- iss Universe In Memory of Eva Ekvall...
- Goats having fun
- Travel 60 countries in 3 years
- Rescued Russian Bears Start Road to Release
- Is Your Dog a Genius?
- Country clean-up project "Lets Do...
- Nights In White satin (Sax and flute...
- Cell vs. virus
- India - Andaman Islands
- McDonalds Coca-cola Glass Olympics (long)