What is positive discipline? Watch as Parents Magazine defines different methods of discipline for some easy parenting tips to try. Discipline means "to teach," and through discipline, your child learns self-control. Positive discipline means you show respect, listen, reward good behavior, and remind your children that you love them when teaching them right from wrong. Negative discipline, such as spanking, leads to fear and low self-esteem. There are eight key points to positive child discipline -- be a good role model, be consistent, be calm and brief, be quick, pick your battles, be realistic, catch your child being good, and remind your child that you love him. Your child's behavior won't change immediately, but it's important to start utilizing these discipline techniques early on for effective parenting.
View more random threads:
- One way to get people to put down their...
- Still drinking coca cola? Watch this!
- Don't miss 2 min speech by Indra Nooyi CEO...
- Great Dance Routine
- Zagreb - Croatia
- Roller Coaster Accident Crazy Duck
- Zaid Ali, Stop Stealing Jokes!
- Transformed Faces of Celebrities
- An Incredible Rescue Story