Here’s the updated version of the popular shutdown shortcut for WindowsXP. Just right-click onto an empty area of the desktop then select Newthen Shortcut from the menu that appears. Click the Browse button andnavigate your way to: C:\Windows\System32\Shutdown.exe.
ClickNext, give the shortcut a name and click Finish. Now right-click thenew shortcut, select Properties and in the Target box, add the commandline ‘switch’ -l (to log off), -s (to shut down) or -r (to reboot). Abasic shutdown shortcut command line should look like this:
If you want to add a 3 second delay to the Shutdown then add the ‘-t xx’ switch, thus:
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 03
Toavoid mistakes simply copy and paste the command into the Target box.Your can also add own your own comments or text in the Shutdown boxwith a -c “Your text” switch.
View more random threads:
- Lesson # 24 The Visibility Hide & Unhide...
- Have your own IP address for ur system...
- Latest Vista Security Hole - It Deletes...
- How to make a website
- Personal credit card reader
- Amazing on Google
- I NEED HELP GUYZ ...
- Difference Between Dvd-r, Dvd+r, Dvd+rw And...
- Challenge for all !!!!!!!
- Automatic Administrator Login