Windows XP keeps a record of all files on the hard disk so when you do a search on the hard drive it is faster.
There is a downside to this and because the computer has to index all files, it will slow down normal file commands like open, close, etc.
If you do not do a whole lot of searches on your hard drive then I suggest turnning this feature off:
1. Control Panel
2. Administrative Tools
4. Disable Indexing Services
View more random threads:
- Hw to setup a new sys from a scratch??
- Lesson # 5 Bold Italic Underline (Microsoft...
- Add more time servers...
- Changing Drive Letters in Windows XP?
- Vacancies of sweepers in the Microsoft...
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Blend Modes
- No need of Real Player
- about installation of old system
- readme.eml virus removal tool
- download facebook cover photos for your fb...