If your computer takes a long time to become useable after starting up or logging on, or you want a clean boot of Winodws XP try this,
Click Start > Run > Type “msconfig” > On the Startup tab click Disable All and on the Services tab check the Hide All Microsoft Service box and then click Disable All.
Click Restart and Windows XP will restart with only the system services and applications running resulting in a vey fast logon / startup.
N.B This tweak will disable all non-system startup sevices and applications,
so if you have anything you want to run in the background such as anti virus software do not disable that item.
View more random threads:
- Use these keyboard shortcuts for dialog...
- Never Re-Activate After Installation
- Control pannel run short cuts...
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (SAP GRC)...
- Hide Facebook Friends List
- Text removingfrom Pic
- Speed Up the Start Menu in Windows XP
- What is Windows Messenger Service? How to...
- suspected virus please help !!!
- stop spam