Skip Operating System selection on boot
If you have more then one OS installed on your computer, but you don’t use it very often, then you would probably want to boost up the startup by skiping the OS selection screen.
First make sure your windows is set not to hide “protected oporating system files” (by going to Control Panel\Folder Options\View tab, and ucheck the “hide protected oporating system files” checkbox)
Edit the boot.ini file in your c: drive, so that the timeout value will be “0″ (timeout=0)
This will make your pc skip the os selection menu on startup.
If you ever want to use your other os you can change the value back to what it was in the first place.
View more random threads:
- How a CPU is Made at Intel
- Open Internet Explorer without Home Page
- Lesson # 69 The Print Area Page Setup...
- Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.9
- Change IE download directory..
- Heya ppl...am bak, but wit a prob!
- Don't trust your PC! Create a backup
- Few Xp tricks...........
- Another Proof of 9/11
- Revealing Hidden Devices