Rosemarie Rose Siggins Born with a rare genetic disorder known as Sacral Agenesis, Rose had severely deformed legs with feet pointing in opposite directions. There was no feeling in the legs and, as a child, she was in danger of harming herself. When she was two years old her mother, after consulting with the doctors at the hospital, decided that the best course of action was to have the legs amputated. This insightful decision by her mother allowed Rose to lead a fairly normal childhood. Rose grew up, with her mentally handicapped brother, in Pueblo, Colorado.
Rose believes her parents made the right choice as she cannot imagine being confined to a wheelchair. She describes her physical condition in her own way "If you take a Barbie doll and remove it's legs, the region you are left with is what I have. I have all the female working organs, the only reason I sit shorter or more compact, as people say, is because I'm missing four sections of my spinal column".
View more random threads:
- Indian Call Center ( extreme cOmedy )
- Crazy Morphing Magic Table Surface
- Drona - HD Trailer
- Amazing Drywall Art Sculpture by Bernie...
- Peace of Mind - Take a look ahead
- Woman fights off leopard to save baby
- Tum hi ho.... Cover from Ashiqui 2
- Dark side of Pakistan bangle industry
- Criss Angel - World's Best Trick
- Adrenalin Crew