1. Always smell good even if its just shampoo! You don't want to spoil it all just by smelling bad?? Hey at the same time don't overdo it...otherwise you will end up smelling like a perfume factory!
2. Don't be a grouch. A friendly behavior is always a sign of openness and pleasant nature. That will warm them even when it's minus 20 outside! Smile a lot !! it helps reduce all the nervousness of the first date. But not that fake beauty-contest smile! Just a warm straight-from-the-heart smile will do wonders!
3. Take some time to dress up. Well...how you do it depends on how your partner likes you to be but most of all how you like yourself to be. You should be comfortable in what you are wearing. The first date might naturally take you hours to get the right look but in the end it does make all the efforts worthwhile!
4. Be yourself ...don't look like a cake with messed up icing and spoil it all! Don't fish for compliments! (Though honestly you would love to hear how great you look!) Let it come out easily. You will know you've had him when he tells you, "You look gorgeous" even on a bad-hair day!
5. Say their names every time you speak to them. It does make a person feel important. Having a pet name for them thought by you after a few dates together is a nice idea. It will make them feel special!