Certain crab spiders exploit Ultra violet light to make themselves "invisible" or disguise themselves from their victims whilst at the same time create a contrast difference to attract their prey to UV absorbing flowers.
These crab spiders reflect UV light strongly against a UV absorbing flower. It has been found that this is not simply by chance but a strategy used by these minute spiders to attract prey.
Through human eyes we can not see this remarkable camouflage strategy as the white crab spiders appear to stand out in marked contrast to the brightly colored flowers on which they hunt. In some cases prey will fly directly towards the open arms of the spider spelling their doom. This amazing camouflage is almost akin to a "cloaking device" as far as their insect prey's vision is concerned.
Note :- All Nidokidos friends are requested to like our facebook Page
View more random threads:
- Bruce Lee's Unnoticed Movements
- Are Bad Boys Sexier? • Street Tested
- Story of a taxi driver
- Why bears?
- Shark Diving at The Dubai Mall Aquarium
- Inside Story - Ending 'modern-day slavery'
- Flow Hive
- Abraham Matthew (9 years)
- Which 5 People Are You the Average of?
- DESERVE MORE - Motivational Video (ft....