The Karakoram Highway - Traveling the "High Road'from China to Pakistan
The Karakoram Highway (KKH) runs from Kashgar in Western China to Islamabad in Pakistan, and isn't so much a highway as a 'high road'. It took a stunning 20 years to finish the road, and even today it continues to suffer from extreme weather and environmental disasters.
The KKH runs through the highest concentration of soaring mountain peaks and raging rivers in the world, and is generally considered to be among the most spectacular areas on our planet. Traveling here isn't for the faint hearted, although transportation has improved significantly in the past decades.
Although Pakistan had suffered its worst floods in 2010, most parts of the road were still intact. Nevertheless, traveling the road proved a massive challenge and also a great adventure.
Note :- All Nidokidos friends are requested to like our facebook Page
View more random threads:
- An escalator can never break
- Man Breaks 251 Planks On Stomach
- The Beach: Women - 2011 CrossFit Games
- What Does Sound Look Like?
- Chubby Bunny (Kandee's New Channel)
- John Pugh - Urban Mirage
- Is that iPhone 7! What is next!
- Applying the Break: Unbelievable 100mph Pool...
- Lake Saif ul Malook story
- When it rains, it pours in Cherrapunji