Thread: Rakhi: The Thread of Love

Rakhi: The Thread of Love

Any Indian festival is incomplete without the typical Indian festivities, the gatherings, celebrations, exchange of sweets and gifts, lots of noise, singing and dancing. Festivals are the celebration of togetherness the celebrations of being on of the family. Festival of Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan is one such major occasion.

It is the celebration of brothers and sisters. It is one festival that primarily belongs to the North and Western regions of India but celebrated throughout the country with the same verve. Regional celebrations may be different but Raksha bandhan has become an integral part of those customs

The festival has been celebrated in the same way with the same traditions for centuries. Only the means have changed with the changing lifestyles. This too to make the celebrations more elaborate.

This is the day that still pulls the siblings together. The increasing physical distances evoke the desire to be together even more. They try to reach out to each other on the Raksha Bandhan day. The joyous meeting, the rare family get-together, that erstwhile feeling of brotherhood and sisterhood calls for a massive celebration.

Rakhi Festival is celebrated both in India and different parts of world with fervour and enthusiasm. The day is celebrated with sister's tying rakhi on their brother's wrist, performing arti and also praying for their long life. In turn, brothers vow to protect their sisters and come for their rescue in times of need. This custom has been there since time immemorial.

Happy Rakhi....My belated wishes to you all who celebrated this festival with its sweetness..

Sorry I didnt see this post....

no probs

very nice celebration, hay naps! when is it happening, i mean in which month of the year would u plz explain?

Junior Member Array
    Yes i completely agree with you because all indian festivals are depends on gifts.
    Rakhi festival is a best way to express respect for your sister.

Thread Information