Instead of hiding her disfigured face "she became the standard-bearer in India for the movement to end acid attacks,"
Yes, Laxmi won the International Women of Courage Award for successfully leading the campaign against acid attacks on women in India.
She is the inspiration for many of the girls who thinks that life is no more after any such painful incident. All Indians should know about the courage of Laxmi and salute her for what she did.
We often talk about women safety, women empowerment, women freedom, etc but the most important thing we forget that "LOVE the Survivor". Yes, she is not a victim, she is the survivor. Society often abandons such survivors, society sees her with a feeling of pity, hatred. This has to be removed. Being victimized was not her fault, rather show hatred to the criminal who does such shameful acts.
Note :- All Nidokidos friends are requested to like our facebook Page
View more random threads:
- Funny Accidents Part 1
- American Heat Palm Springs Mortorcycle
- Massive Protest in Dublin
- Why Marlon Brando rejected his 1973 Oscar...
- Convert Old Pictures
- The Last Soviet In Afghanistan (RT...
- Chichen-itza - Climb up & Down, Best view...
- Just For Laughs Gags - Best Of - Part 26
- Defying Gravity
- Heroic dog saves his pals from river.