Instead of hiding her disfigured face "she became the standard-bearer in India for the movement to end acid attacks,"
Yes, Laxmi won the International Women of Courage Award for successfully leading the campaign against acid attacks on women in India.
She is the inspiration for many of the girls who thinks that life is no more after any such painful incident. All Indians should know about the courage of Laxmi and salute her for what she did.
We often talk about women safety, women empowerment, women freedom, etc but the most important thing we forget that "LOVE the Survivor". Yes, she is not a victim, she is the survivor. Society often abandons such survivors, society sees her with a feeling of pity, hatred. This has to be removed. Being victimized was not her fault, rather show hatred to the criminal who does such shameful acts.
Note :- All Nidokidos friends are requested to like our facebook Page
View more random threads:
- Where Ships Go to Die, Workers Risk...
- Shah Rukh Khan - Deewangi Deewangi (The...
- 10 Microwave Life Hacks
- Johnston Canyon Vacation Travel Guide
- OBAMA GIRL at the Democratic Debate in...
- Amazing art of 50 euro note
- The World of WarCraft Freakiest Dancing...
- Rajpal yadav in hungama
- Are You Lonesome Tonight by Connie Francis
- All Things Grow With Love