Name:  1782124_825051934177559_1154099319_n.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  524.2 KB

Name:  Thumbnail_image989 Feb. 07 08.54.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  595.0 KB

I am a Persian Girl!

300 was in theaters yesterday!

The movie is a 2007 film adaptation of the graphic novel 300 by Frank Miller about the Battle of Thermopylae. The film is directed by Zack Snyder with Frank Miller attached as an executive producer and consultant, and was shot mostly with bluescreen to duplicate the tone of the original comic book work.

What important to me, is the movie shows Persian king and soldiers like beasts and wild Barbars (while due to historical claims, the Persian culture was the leading culture of the world and full of ethic in that age!). The Persian messenger is a black man (while Aryan race had no black!). The Persian warriors have almost no brain ability and fight like wild animals (while as I know most of them were educated at that time!)

To me, history is just a tool for patriotism and nationalism, the great empire etc!

Yes, we have a honorable history, but what I want to accent is that this film has some hidden agenda behind it, which wants to make visitors believe that Iranians are dumb wilds, who like the war. At least their ancestors were such people!

The problem is cinema was always a tool for colonialism, and best way for justifying war against other nations, or even other religions, or ideas!

There is a petition to Warner Bros, which I don't believe it could do anything! By the way you can read and sign it here.

Make a look at this article, I don't know if all of author claims are right, but at least you can read a different version!

And at last, for my dear friend Lisham, I'm adding this link:

300 the movie

She is Amy, one of my dearest flickr friends.

Per her request, I substituted the color version, regarding all my respectful friend, specially Amy.