Shanmugam Shankar, commonly known as Shankar, is an Indian film director and producer who predominantly works in Tamil cinema. Recognized for directing high budget films, he is also a pioneer of vigilante movies in Tamil.
He made his directional debut in Gentleman (1993) produced by K. T. Kunjumon. for which he was awarded the Filmfare Best Director Award and the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Director. He is the highest paid film-maker in India among his contemporaries.
Two of his films, Indian (1996) and Jeans (199 were submitted by India for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. In 2007, he was awarded an Honorary doctorate by M. G. R. University.
View more random threads:
- Amanda Righetti in red
- Caroline Bellucci beautiful photo in rain
- Alison Brie is an American actress
- Sage Stallone died
- amisha patel - Initial success and struggle...
- aishwarya rai at cannes film festival
- Maria Sharapova
- Jessica Alba Special screening of Filth
- Jennifer Lawrence in an amazing dressing
- rani mukherjee visits khaleej times office...