Genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) are a broad group of plants, animals, and bacteria that are engineered for a wide variety of applications ranging from agricultural production to scientific research. The types of potential hazards posed by GMO’s vary according to the type of organism being modified and its intended application. Most of the concern surrounding GMO’s relates to their potential for negative effects on the environment and human health. Because GMO’s that could directly effect human health are primarily products that can enter the human food supply, this website focuses on genetically modified food. To date, the only types of products that have been approved for human consumption in the U.S. are genetically modified plants (FDA website).
View more random threads:
- Sachin Tendulkar 7 rules of success |...
- Bali Aims to be Free of Plastic Waste by 2013
- extremely funny prank !
- Hidden thoughts
- Brides by Force (RT Documentary)
- Ooty Botanical Garden
- Free Hugs Campaign on TEN News Australia
- xclusive video of 6 Wheeler Car
- Balloon Dress for Wedding
- Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement...