Apple iPhone 2.1 Gets Directional GPS
Apple's iPhone 2.1 beta code has shown that Core Location is now able to recognize the cardinal direction of an iPhone 3G in addition to its technology, making directional GPS a very distinct possibility. On a separate note, it has been confirmed that Apple will be implementing a rough version of its background push notification service in the 2.1 firmware. Word has it that the 2.1 update will be released this September at the same time as the push notification service, but until then, we'll just have to be happy with iPhone 2.0 and wait patiently.
View more random threads:
- Samsung Mobile Messager R450 Horizontal...
- HP Introduces 550 Notebook
- Match Tech M860 UMPC
- Chinese iPhone Clone Gets TV Spot
- Visionman Widow Predator Gaming Notebook
- HTC T8290 Offers WiMAX Support
- Ripple Faucet Stronger Visual Relationship -...
- ClarityLife C900 Targets Older Folks
- BeBook e-Book Reader Out In The UK
- HTC To Pull Windows Mobile 6 ROM Upgrade