Texas Memory breaks SSD capacity record (and budget) with RamSan-440
Texas Memory's RamSan-440 provides between 256GB and 512GB of RAM-based SSD storage, 600,000 IOPS, 4,500MB/sec random sustained external throughput and latency under 15-microseconds (yes, microseconds, not milliseconds). It weighs about 90 pounds and comes in a 4U rack-mount enclosureand claims to be the first SSD to use RAIDed NAND flash memory modules for data backup and comes at a record breaking budget of $150,000 for the 256GB version and $275,000 for the 512GB version respectively.
View more random threads:
- Plica Phone Concept
- GPS Games arriving on Sony PSP
- Kodak Theatre HD Player - Unique Way of...
- HP targets wider market with new touchscreen...
- Dell Launches Customizable ‘Studio’...
- Cheap Phones from Samsung, Spice
- Windows Mobile 6 Professional in pictures
- Pink Curve and Pearl Join Verizon
- Age-verification Cameras Fooled
- PSP and Sidekick Merge