E Ink Displays Used in Phones
E Ink is toying with the idea of introducing its E Ink Vixplex Imaging Film for the outer display found in upcoming clamshell handsets, and this will definitely be a boon to the industry since e-ink consumes power only when there is a change in image, hence conserving battery life to an even greater extent. The first two handsets in the world that features this technology will be the Hitachi W61 (pictured on the right) and the Casio Model G’zOne, as they're both manufactured by Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications (CHMC) Co. of Japan. These displays are clearly visible even under direct sunlight, offering a viewing angle of up to 180-degrees.
View more random threads:
- Motorola ZN200 Slider Handset Pink or Black...
- Willcom 03 Smart Phone
- Meizu M8 MiniOne Images Leaked
- Vizio shows low-cost wireless sound bar and...
- Western Digital VelociRaptor Hard Drive
- Battling Sumo Wrestlers for laughs
- Peek Offers To Pay Your Phone Bill
- Match Tech M860 UMPC
- World's first mouse with an embedded scanner
- Stethoscope Headphone