AMD Bobcat Atom-rival to be revealed in November
Some details about AMD’s Bobcat have already leaked. It’s a rival to Intel very successful Atom processor. AMD has confirmed that it will reveal its ultra-mobile processor in November and note that “reveal” might not mean “launch” or “available” here. Some are wondering why AMD is so late. There is speculation that ultra-mobile (and cheap) processors aren’t very profitable. In my opinion – it is a good business, especially for Intel, who can manufacture them with an advanced process. Why? because these processors are already extremely small. If you can manufacture them with an advanced process using large wafers the yields must be excellent (that means low defects).
View more random threads:
- S-Series Wooden Cellphone
- Time at your fingertips
- Nokia 6600 Fold
- Transcend JetFlash V95: The Ultra-Compact USB
- Suitcase Scooter
- Sony Xross Fade DJ System
- ThinkCentre A62: Cost Effective Computing...
- Nokia's "Beautiful to use" 6600 slide, fold...
- Celleden Ultra Compact Bluetooth Headset
- Sony S-Airplay Wireless System