Use the iPhone 3G as a 3G+ modem
There’s a tutorial about tethering the iPhone 3G to a laptop. Before you start to implement it, remember that this might be against your use license agreement with AT&T, which could add charges, cancel your account and potentially do many more painful things in retaliation – or they may do nothing at all, we just don’t know. Here’s the overview on how to proceed:
* Jailbreak your iPhone 3G
* Install 3Proxy and Terminal
* Create an ad-hoc Wi-fi network using your laptop
* Join the network with your iPhone
* Find the iPhone's IP address
* Open Terminal and run the proxy program
* Open Safari on your iPhone and open a web page
* Configure your browser to use the proxy
Visit cre.ations.net to get the full step-by-step instructions. and of course, test the speeds on DSLreport for mobiles and let us know how fast it is!
View more random threads:
- Use your digital camera as an portable...
- HTC Opal Pocket Pc Newest TouchFLO - Preview
- Know about bridge cameras - semi...
- Apple iPod touch
- Philips Pronto TSU9800 Remote Control
- ZVUE Loves Elvis
- BSKBW01SB Solar Powered Wireless Keyboard...
- iHome ZN9 Stereo Alarm for Zunes
- Sony Ericsson Unveils W705 Officially
- Interiors And Exteriors of BlackBerry Bold...