Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to cure pain?

How to cure pain?

Pain is an unpleasant feeling often caused by intense or damaging stimuli, such as stubbing a toe, burning a finger, putting alcohol on a cut, and bumping the "funny bone".

The International Association for the Study of Pain's widely used definition states: "Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage."

Name:  cure pain (1).jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  169.3 KB

Inadequate treatment of pain is widespread throughout surgical wards, intensive care units, accident and emergency departments, in general practice, in the management of all forms of chronic pain including cancer pain, and in end of life care.

Name:  cure pain (3).jpg
Views: 477
Size:  71.6 KB

This neglect is extended to all ages, from neonates to the frail elderly. African and Hispanic Americans are more likely than others to suffer needlessly in the hands of a physician; and women's pain is more likely to be undertreated than men's.

Name:  cure pain (6).jpg
Views: 487
Size:  505.3 KB
    Last edited by mahima; 09-24-2013 at 11:29 AM.

The International Association for the Study of Pain advocates that the relief of pain should be recognized as a human right, that chronic pain should be considered a disease in its own right, and that pain medicine should have the full status of a specialty.

Name:  cure pain (9).jpg
Views: 457
Size:  311.9 KB
    Last edited by mahima; 09-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.

It is a specialty only in China and Australia at this time. Elsewhere, pain medicine is a subspecialty under disciplines such as anesthesiology, physiatry, neurology, palliative medicine and psychiatry. In 2011, Human Rights Watch alerted that tens of millions of people worldwide are still denied access to inexpensive medications for severe pain.
    Medication

Name:  cure pain (2).jpg
Views: 465
Size:  165.9 KB
    Last edited by mahima; 09-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Acute pain is usually managed with medications such as analgesics and anesthetics. Management of chronic pain, however, is much more difficult and may require the coordinated efforts of a pain management team, which typically includes medical practitioners, clinical psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners.

Name:  cure pain (5).jpg
Views: 469
Size:  145.6 KB
    Last edited by mahima; 09-24-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Sugar taken orally reduces the total crying time but not the duration of the first cry in newborns undergoing a painful procedure (a single lancing of the heel). It does not moderate the effect of pain on heart rate and a recent single study found that sugar did not significantly affect pain-related electrical activity in the brains of newborns one second after the heel lance procedure. Sweet oral liquid moderately reduces the incidence and duration of crying caused by immunization injection in children between one and twelve months of age.

Name:  cure pain (4).jpg
Views: 473
Size:  214.1 KB
    Last edited by mahima; 09-24-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Name:  cure pain (7).jpg
Views: 446
Size:  313.3 KBName:  cure pain (8).jpg
Views: 458
Size:  165.7 KB
    Last edited by mahima; 09-24-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Which supplements or herbs might be of use to cure undiagnosed persistent head pains? i don't mean
    simple pain relief, which i would have to keep taking again and again.
    i mean which supplements or herbs might be able to cure the problem.

i wonder if any of the supplements that contain chemicals identical to those involved in the neuro transmitters in the brain, might have an effect on head pains?
    if the pain is the result of some chemical imbalance rather than physical problem in the brain, might things like 5 htp, theanine, mucuna or tyrosine make a difference?

if not, then which supplements or herbs that have an application to do with pain receptors, might be worth trying?

i have already had a brain scan which revealed nothing...and i've used things like valerian root in the past to no effect, so dont mention those options.

just list any supplements or herbs that might have the power to eradicate persistent long term headaches.

by the way, although i have suffered migraines in the past [last one more than 10 years ago] this pain is nothing like a migraine.

it feels as if my head is in a vice being squeezed or having an excess build up of pressure.
    at its worst it feel like some part of my brain is being twisted, the same as when you give someone an 'indian burn' on their arm, but imagine that twisted feeling applied to some part of the middle of your brain.
    also, at it worst it feels like my will is being partially disabled, which might be similar to what some people describe as brain-fog.

thanks for any suggestion my might have.

------------------------

Look for a book called the Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Healing Remedies (C.Norman Shealy) and cross reference your own alternative options for pain relief.

I have used devils claw and horsetail and white willow successfully but that has come from trial and error and looking at all alternative options.

But there are migraine drugs available and some other drugs are also being used in migraine and Topamax is very good for migraines despite being an epileptic drug.
    Ask for a referral to a pain management team at the hospital if your own Dr cannot manage this level of expertise.

Also have your eyes tested more often than needed to see that visual issues are not adding problems.

--------------------------

Member Array
    This job is a pain in the neck" may be more than just a saying. Tension on the job or at home, tasks that require a lot of leaning over a work surface, poor posture, and even a too-soft mattress can cause neck pain and stiffness. Of course, some neck pain is the result of injury or disease, but the vast majority of neck pain is due to simple muscle tension.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information