In 1980 Shanghai had no skyscrapers. It now has at least 4,000 — more than twice as many as New York. ‘This is Shanghai’ explores the diversities and eccentricities of the metropolis that is Shanghai going beyond the famous skyline.
Photographer Rob Whitworth and urban identity expert JT Singh joined forces combining deep city exploration and pioneering filmmaking. ‘This is Shanghai’ is a roller coaster ride seamlessly weaving between the iconic, sparkling and mismatched buildings of the financial district travelling by boat and taxi touring Shanghai’s impressive infrastructure whilst glimpsing some of the lesser-known aspects of Shanghai life such as the lower stratum areas or the stunning graffiti of Moganshan road. And of course there is the opportunity to try some of the vast variety of street food and Shanghai’s most popular homegrown delicacy, the pan-fried pork dumplings, the shengjian bao.
View more random threads:
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan at The Cannes Film...
- Fake Beggar
- funny accidents 2
- Funny videos - videos Chistosos
- Have you ever really loved a woman
- Innovative Begging
- Baby jumping festival (Video)
- An old style house from north Kerala, India !
- Hurricane Sandy Aftermath Video
- Introduction to Living Roofs / Green Roofs