Acer Aspire 8920 Notebook Gemstone Blue Series - Reviews
Aspire 8920 18.4" screen notebook and Aspire 6920 16" multimedia notebooks. Together these notebooks are being called the Aspire Gemstone Blue series and offer 16:9 aspect ratio 1080p screens, Intel Penryn processors and Nvidia graphics.
The Aspire 8920G will have the following basic specs:
* Intel Core 2 Duo processor selection (Penryn)
* Windows Vista OS
* 1 or 2 hard drives with up to 320GB each
* Blu-Ray Super Multi double-layer drive or 8x DVD-Super Multi double layer drive
* 6-in-1 media card reader
* 18.4" Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution 300 nits brightness screen
* Nvidia GeForce 9650m Graphics or 9500m Graphics
* 2nd generation Dobly Home Theater audio, 5.1 audio out, Five integrated speakers
* Intel 4965 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless
* ExpressCard 54 slot, 4 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, Consumer IR, external monitor port, headphone out, microphone-in
* Fingerprint reader
* Weight - 9.04lbs
Acer is touting the multimedia capabilities of this notebook, obviously the 18.4" viewing real estate with a 16:9 ratio 1080p screen is a major selling point for media mavens -- with this aspect there's no need for pixel compression. This is the first 18.4" screen notebook so Acer is definitely differentiating itself here. Also big news is the fact that they are using the Nvidia 9650m 512MB graphics card to handle the playback of Blu-Ray movies so the processor isn't stressed out, this system is being dubbed "CineReal" by Acer.
Acer adds a nice design touch with the "CineDash" control on the left side of the notebook. The CineDash is a touch sensitive media console that allows you to control such things as volume and media playback experience.
View more random threads:
- SMS Text Messenger/Organizer
- ROLEX K8 mobile phone
- Amazing - The Sony PS4 Makes Its Debut
- Dell Launches Customizable ‘Studio’...
- Navigon Offers New GPS Units
- IOCELL Content Phone Logs Conversations
- Dual Music Player That Supports CD and MP3...
- Sony Ericsson W902 Walkman
- Bling Digital Blade Watch