In 2002, at the age of 21, tulsi Gabbard Tamayo became the youngest legislator ever elected in the history of Hawaii and the youngest woman elected to state office in the nation. She represented the Oahu 42nd District, which covers Waipahu, Honouliuli, and Ewa Beach.
She played a key role, along with her Ewa colleagues, in securing funding for infrastructure on the Ewa Plains.
She opposed LGBT rights, including same-sex marriage and civil unions. When voting against legalizing civil unions, she stated: "To try to act as if there is a difference between 'civil unions' and same-sex marriage is dishonest, cowardly and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made overwhelmingly clear our position on this issue...As Democrats we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists." In August 2004, she defended her then-Republican father's anti-LGBT work, and called supporters of U.S. Congressman Ed Case "homosexual extremists
View more random threads:
- P&G Shraddha Kapoor Calendar 2013 - Leaked...
- Katrina Kaif Calendar - unofficial exclusive...
- The original madhubala calendar 2016
- Pepsi Coke KFC McDonald's Calendar for Year...
- Dianna Agron Unofficial Calendar 2012
- Sarah Palin un-official Calendar 2010
- Pakistan Calendar 2011
- Kingfisher 2014 Desktop screensavor download
- Shraddha Kapoor Calendar 2016
- Esha Gupta calendar 2013