Pakistan's air force has its first combat-ready female fighter pilot.
Flight Lieutenant Ayesha Farooq, 26, is the first of six female fighter pilots in the force to pass the final exams to qualify for battle.
She will now fly missions in a Chinese-made F7PG fighter jet alongside her 24 male colleagues in Squadron 20.
'I don't feel any different. We do the same activities, the same precision bombing,' said Flt Lt Farooq.
Speaking at the Mushaf base in north Pakistan this week, the fighter pilot, from Bahawalput, Punjab, said: 'In our society most girls don't even think about doing such things as flying an aircraft.'
View more random threads:
- beauty queen from Pakistan
- Mohabbat Subh Ka Sitara Hai - sanam jung live
- Zarnak Sidhwa expects to recharge tried and...
- aamir khan in dhoom 3
- Miss France 2010
- Alia Bhatt Superb collection
- Amanda Righetti in red
- Evelyn Sharma In Tight Black Braless dress
- EMILY RATAJKOWSKI at Costume Institute Gala...
- Press Release: Colors “Uttaran” Completed...